Last week, the Center City Commission released its top 10 list of Downtown Memphis buildings – unused, vacant and ripe for redevelopment.Â I have, in the past or in the last week, photographed these buildings, and there are some I would definitely leave off my top 10 list.
Here’s the list from the CCC:
- Sterick Building, 8 N. Third
- Sears Building, 495 N. Watkins (pardon me, but this is a Midtown eyesore, not part of Downtown)
- Woolworth Building, 107 S. Main
- Tennessee Brewery, 495, Tennessee
- Goyer-Lee House, 690 Adams
- Alabaster Building, 678 Beale
- 147 Jefferson Plaza, 147 Jefferson
- Nylon Net Building, 7 Vance
- Toof Building, 195 Madison
- Hickman Building, 240 Madison
What do you think of the list?Â What should be added or removed? Since this is a photo blog, I will be posting photos of these buildings over the next few days.Â I’d like to hear what you think.
I hope you have some buildings worth saving to add to the list.