Everybody wants FriendsÂ – Isn’t that what FaceBook is all about?
We want to connect with old friends and new friends, make business and personal contacts, find people who share our interests and be noticed by the interesting friends of our friends……..Â Then
Why can’t we be friends?
Why can’t we we can’t be friends
- Because you don’t have a picture in your profile!Â Why do you think they call it FACEbook?
- You bug me about your exploits in Mafia Wars and try to get me involved. Don’t get me wrong, I have no problem with your enjoying Mafia Wars.Â I just don’t want to play, thank you.
- You are promoting your business just a little too heavily on your wall, and thus, my news feed.Â If i want to know more about your business, I’ll join your Business (fan) Page.Â Oh, you don’t have a page?Â Hmmm, I see.
- You probably aren’t, but it looks like you are up to no good. I don’t know you and you are asking questions I am uncomfortable answering, evenÂ for my friends.
- You don’t have a very firm grasp of the differences between witty, snarky, sarcastic, and vicious.
- I really find it hard to believe this, but you are inviting people from my friends list to friend you, and you have no connection to them at all.
This whole social media thing is about engagement, not interruption and annoyance.Â Can’t we all be nice andÂ just be friends?